ShootProof provides an extensive discounting system within each of your price sheets. Discounts can be set up as "Automatic" or to only be available by entering a "Promo Code" at checkout.
You can see many discount types and a description of how they work by clicking the "Discounts" button on any price sheet.
- Item Discount - Give a discount based on specific items in the client's cart. For example, "Buy three 5x7s for $5 each" or "Choose three 8x10s for free" or "Buy ten 4x6s and get 20% off of each"
- Group Discount - Give a discount based on items in a specific group. For example, "Buy any ten prints for $10 each" or "Choose twenty digital media items for 10% off" or "Buy two canvases and get $15 off of each"
- Package Discount - Give a discount based on a specific combination of items. Click here for more specific instructions on setting up packages or collections. For example, "Get three 4x6s, two 8x10s, and an 11x14 canvas for $350"
- Buy Something, Get Something (BOGO) - Give your clients an item or items at a discount when they purchase another item or set of items. For example, "Buy an 11x14, get a 4x6 for free" or "Buy a canvas, get three 5x7s for free"
- Cart Discount- Give your client's entire order (shopping cart) a discount. You can set tiers for this discount, if you'd like. For example, "Get 30% off all orders over $500" or "Receive $5 off your order when it's placed by November 1st" or even just "Free Shipping on orders between $100 and $200"
- Credit Discount - Give your client a promo code for a flat discount or for free shipping. For example, you can use this discount if your clients have prepaid for their order, or if their sessions come with a print credit.
- In the shopping cart, if you have multiple discounts set up, the discount that is the best value to the customer will be applied
- It can be helpful to read the discount description that is auto-generated aloud to make sure it says what you intend the discount to give; the computer is very literal, so if if your discount reads "buy 5 prints for $10 each", your client will not get a discount on 4 or 3 prints
- Discounts cannot be stacked; this means that once certain items qualify the client for one of your discounts, those same items cannot be used to qualify them for another discount
- Your client CAN use a "Credit"-type discount with another discount, and can also use multiple Credit-type discounts on one order
- Keep your discounts simple!
- TEST your discounts to be sure they're working the way you intended