The ShootProof Lightroom Plugin is a Publish Service that allows you to upload photos and Events/Album structures set up in Lightroom directly to ShootProof. The plugin is compatible with Lightroom 3, 4 or 5, versions 3.6.0 or higher.
Looking for answers to general questions about Lightroom and how to use it? Check out the Lightroom Knowledge Base here.
Installation and Setup
1. Click here to download the ShootProof Lightroom Plugin: Download Now. Unzip the file and save it to your computer.
2. Open Lightroom and select File > Plug-in Manager. Click "Add."
3. Select the unzipped plugin file (the filename will default to shootproof.lrplugin). You should now see the ShootProof plugin with a green dot to indicate that it is active.
*Important note - if you have been using a previous version of the Lightroom plugin, you'll need to 'remove' the old ShootProof plugin in the Plugin Manager area in Lightroom. Also, find and delete the old file from your computer.
4. Visit the Publish Services area on the left side of Lightroom and click the "Set Up" link next to ShootProof.
5. Click the option to log in to ShootProof, and authorize your ShootProof account.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to authorize the plugin.
Preparing Files for Upload
The ShootProof plugin is a Publish Service, so photos and album structures for galleries are kept in sync and pushed directly from Lightroom to ShootProof.
If you have any existing galleries on ShootProof, they will show up in Lightroom; however, the photos in the galleries will not show there because they were not uploaded through the plugin to ShootProof. Only photos uploaded through the Lightroom Publish Service will show up in Lightroom.
1. Create a "published collection set" for your gallery. (For example, "Smith Wedding")
2. Create a nested "published collection set" for each album you'd like to have in the gallery. (For example, "Cocktail Hour," "Ceremony," and "Reception.")
3. Create a nested "published collection" in each one of the albums and title it "Photos."
4. Add your photos to the "Photos" published collections.
5. Highlight the gallery name, and click Publish!
Tips for Using the Lightroom Plugin
- Make all changes to albums and photos in Lightroom, not in ShootProof. If you do make changes in ShootProof, your Lightroom will be out of sync with your ShootProof account. (You can go to File > Plug-in Extras > Sync Events/Albums to get ShootProof and Lightroom back in sync, but it is still recommended that you make changes in Lightroom so your ShootProof account stays up to date automatically.)
- Renaming a gallery in Lightroom will rename it in ShootProof, as well
- Renaming an album in Lightroom will rename it in ShootProof, as well
- Replacing a photo in Lightroom with an edited copy will replace the original photo in your ShootProof gallery if you keep the filename the same. Simply "Publish" the change!
- While you can reorder your Albums in your ShootProof account, Lightroom will always display them alphanumerically.
- Galleries uploaded through the Lightroom Plugin will take on the Gallery Default settings. You can adjust these settings on a per gallery basis in your ShootProof account.
- Your galleries can have up to four levels of albums!
- When you "Publish," changes will only be pushed to ShootProof if a new photo exists, not if you've only created an empty Album.
- To move photos from one album ("collection set") to another in Lightroom, create a new "collection," copy the photos there, and then delete the old "collection."
- You can adjust the Export Settings in Lightroom by right clicking on the ShootProof logo in the Publish Services are, and then click "Edit Settings."
- If you receive the error "ShootProof API returned an error message (message: Bad Request, photo upload data missing)," go to the Export Settings and put the number 28672 in the "Limit File Size to:" field.